There’s plenty of vegan-friendly shopping to be done in the main UK supermarkets. However, there are some online vegan supermarkets which mean that you can explore ALL of their products and not have to worry about labels, or double check ingredients.
Ordering from an online vegan supermarket is a great way to stock up on all your ‘vegan essentails’ and have them delivered straight to you door. Then, when you are out doing your weekly shop, you can buy your fresh fruit and vegetables, not having to worry about anything else. Sorted.
Here is the quick guide to the top 3 online vegan supermarkets…
|Pros||– Widest range of items inc fresh food and household/gifts etc|
– They have a reward system to reward regular customers.
– They have a discounted section of food past it’s BBE date. Which means bargains to be had and is also a cheap way of trying some new products you might not necessarily buy.
– Can filter by diet type
– Often have offers on such as free gift or discounts
|Cons||– Struggle to find any|
|Delivery Cost||– Free over £60|
– Under 2kg £3.69
– Over 2kg – £6.99
|Delivery Time||– Next Day delivery if ordered by 2pm (DPD)|
– 2-3 days if no chilled, fresh or frozen items are ordered (via Royal Mail 48)
– Can upgrade for faster delivery
– Fitness and Nutrition
– Health and Beauty
– Eco Living
|Pros||– Look to support other local independent companies. |
– Focus on customer service and train employees so they are knowledgeable and friendly
– Include fresh food
– Have sale page
– If you live near the store in West London you can order online and collect within the hour!
|Cons||– No additional diet filters|
|Delivery Cost||– Free if you collect from London store |
– Free if you spend over £55
– £3.99 up to 2kg
– £6.95 (next day)
– £11.99 up to 15kg for a Saturday delivery
|Delivery Time||– 2-5 working days (via Royal Mail)|
– Next working day (via DPD)
|Ranges||– Food |
– Health and Beauty
|Pros||– A special offers page, which includes real bargains for items that are nearly at their use by date.|
– An extensive range of Beauty and Healthcare which includes perfume and suncream.
– Can search for diet requirements (e.g. Gluten Free)
|Cons||– No fresh food|
|Delivery Cost||– Free delivery over £50|
– £4.99 for orders between £10-£50
– £3.99 for orders under £10
– 24 hour service £10.99
|Delivery Time||– 2 -3 working days (via Tracked Royal Mail)|
And those are the top 3 vegan supermarkets!
There are a number of areas that are exempt from these delivery times and charges (such as Isle of Man, Scottish Highlands and Islands), which unfortunately is pretty standard with couriers. If you live somewhere where you usually experience problems, give your choice of supermarket a call and they’ll be happy to help.
(Details correct as of Dec 2018)
Check out our new articles here.